Part Time Clergy and a Housing Allowance

Are part time Clergy eligible for housing allowance?


I am not sure what you mean by part-time. If you are a pastor of a church, you would probably qualify, even if you hold a full time secular job.

Read “Who is considered a clergy or minister for tax purposes” on my clergy tax page to see if you qualify.

Also you should be "serving" at the church that designates your housing allowance and be substantially involved in conducting worship or administering sacraments there.

Hope this helps,

Church Accounting Package

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!