Housing allowance

by Faye

Our pastor has been with us two years, received a 1099 for the previous tax year. This year he does not want a 1099 so that he can get a housing allowance. How do we go about this? Thank you!

Comments for Housing allowance

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 27, 2013
Housing Allowance
by: Anonymous in NC

First you need to read more about Housing Allowances on the tab to the left below, and you need to get him to do the same. Housing allowance are not determined or set up by the income reporting form used by the church for reporting the pastor's pay.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister Employee.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.