Housing allowance for a home and a parsonage

We own a home where we lived when my husband was at our former church. He was moved to another town to a church with a parsonage. Spouse is at the former home during work week and we will retire to that home. Can the allowance be used for both homes?

Comments for Housing allowance for a home and a parsonage

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 10, 2012
Two housing allowances?
by: Anonymous in NC

You would be better off by following the undisputed law and claim the housing allowance on only one home.

Feb 04, 2013
Discroll Decision Overturned
by: Vickey

Since Anonymous in NC wrote his post, the U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals overturned the controversial 2010 Driscoll Decision letting you claim a housing allowance for more than one home. Now you can definitely NOT claim housing expenses for more than one home. So his advice was accurate and correct.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks Desktop and QB Online for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!