1099-misc income as housing allowance?

by E

Our church gives us help with our rent, but issued a form 1099-misc for this income. My husband is a licensed lay minister in the church. Can we still count this as a housing allowance?

Comments for 1099-misc income as housing allowance?

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 12, 2015
Get qualified advice
by: Anonymous

It is best to seek out a CPA who is a Christian and current with the IRS code.
They are better able to handle this question.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Designating Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks Desktop and QB Online for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!