Reimbursement for International Travel

by Jon
(Northern Illinois)

Can the ministry reimburse a minister based on fixed per diem rates for lodging, meals, and incidentals rather than on actual costs when traveling?

Does this work for both U.S. based and international travel?

Does this need to be specifically described in the accountable reimbursement policy? Or is the general statement of approval to reimburse travel costs work for this?

Where are the official per diem numbers that the IRS will approve found? Is there a website or two?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to AR Plan.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!