Contributions to restricted funds

I am confused about recording contributions to, for example, the building fund. How does the contribution get recorded as income on the Statement of Activities?

I see in your book that you would debit cash and credit the temporarily restricted account, but I don't know how to get that amount reflected in income. Thank you!

vickeyā€¯s reply

You can set up an income sub-account of the appropriate fund and credit it.

Hope this helps,

Church Accounting Package

Know the answer? Face the same situation? Please post your answer or comment by using the "comment" link below. Thank you!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Accounting.

Need a Consultation, help setting up an effective Accounting System, or someone to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll?

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!